Address: 8502 North 30th Street
Year Built: 1856
Builder: Levi Harsh
Style: Greek Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 10/14/1980
Listed in the National Register: 10/15/1969
The Bank of Florence, constructed in 1856, is the oldest building in the city of Omaha. It is historically related to the town of Florence, the site of the Mormon’s Winter Quarters in 1846. The building’s heavy cornice and the treatment of the wall openings place the structure within the tradition of Greek Revival commercial architecture, even though the building is almost devoid of ornamentation. Very few exterior alterations have been made over the years.