Address: 1004 Farnam Street
Architect: A. R. DuFrene/Thomas Kimball
Year Built: 1879/1899
Designated Omaha Landmark: 10/17/1978
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 12/4/1974
Now commonly referred to as the Burlington Building, this structure was originally designed by A. R. Dufrene in 1879 as a three-story headquarters building for the Burlington and Missouri Railroad Company. The structure had fireproof vaults on each floor and each office was finished in oiled southern pine. Several offices included fireplaces.
A fourth floor was added in 1886. In 1899 architect Thomas Kimball extensively remodeled the building and added an interior skylit court with galleries and staircases of cast iron and oak. The building was designed to resemble the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Building in Chicago. The railroad occupied the building until 1966. It was completely renovated for use as modern offices in 1982.