Year Built: 1910
Architect: F.A. Henninger
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 1/22/1985
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 3/20/1986
Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church is architecturally significant to Omaha as a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival Style of architecture, taking formal inspiration from several buildings of the 1898 Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition that had been held nearby. Historically, the church reflects the change of North Omaha from an affluent white suburb to a black inner city neighborhood and the manner in which many area churches were established, changed ownership and merged. Built as North Presbyterian Church in 1910, the building housed several different congregations until 1954, when Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church was formed as an integrated congregation. The church is a prominent landmark in the North Omaha community.