Address: 409 South 16th Street
Year Built: 1927
Architect: C. W. & G. L. Rapp
Style: Second Renaissance Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 10/17/1978
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 5/16/1988
First opened as a vaudeville house in 1892, the Creighton Orpheum Theater was greatly altered and expanded to its current configuration in 1927 under the direction of Chicago architects Rapp and Rapp. The entrance was relocated from 15th Street to 16th Street, with a lobby through the City National Bank Building. The French Renaissance revival style house was restored in 1974 as a theater for the performing arts and is presently the home of the Omaha Symphony.