Year Built: 1904
Architect: John McDonald
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 9/25/1979
Built in 1904 as an investment property for prominent Omaha physician Dr. Paul Groomsman, this rowhouse structure exhibits characteristics of the Neo-Classical revival style popular at the turn-of the-century. Designed by Omaha architect John McDonald, the classical structure is distinguished by a formal, symmetrical composition enriched with classical details. The structure, a good example of the rowhouse type in Omaha, was originally designed as four units, each with its own outside entrance. Although the original units are now divided into eight apartments, oak woodwork and floors, oak and ceramic tile fireplaces and round-cornered beveled glass doors have been retained.