Year Built: 1902, 1912, 1918, 1928
Architect: Joseph Guth; 1928 addition by John Latenser
Style: Renaissance Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 3/17/92
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 12/13/91
Around the turn-of-the-century many of the city’s largest and most notable businesses built large warehouse structures near the rail lines on the eastern and southern edges of downtown. One of those businesses was the Eggerss-O’Flyng Company, a major manufacturer and distributor of cardboard containers for over 50 years. The Eggerss-O’Flyng building exemplifies the type of warehouse built at a time when Omaha was a major distribution point for a wide variety of goods shipped by rail throughout the west and Pacific northwest. Built in four stages over a period of 26 years, the building also demonstrates a technique that was common at the time, that is, the continual expansion of an existing facility as a company grew. The Eggerss-O’Flyng Building was renovated for use as apartments in the early 1990’s.