Year Built: 1883
Designated Omaha Landmark: 7/6/82
Built in 1883, the Fort Omaha Guardhouse is one of six extant 19th century structures in the Fort Omaha National Register Historic District. The district reflects both Omaha’s position in the nation’s military history and its role in conquering the frontier. Fort Omaha is now owned by Metropolitan Community College. On September 29, 1981, the Metropolitan Community College Board voted to request that the Fort Omaha Guardhouse be designated a Landmark under the City of Omaha’s Landmark Heritage Preservation Ordinance.