Year Built: 1904
Architect: George H. Kelly
Builder: J. Roys
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 4/12/1983
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 7/21/1983
The George Kelly house is significant as one of the finest examples of the Neo-Classical Revival style of architecture to be found in North Omaha. The classically detailed structure was directly influenced by the grand Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition that had been held nearby in 1898, just six years before the house was constructed. The Kelly house is located in Kountze Place, a late nineteenth-century neighborhood that was home to many of the city’s most successful business people.