Address: 1205-1207 Harney Street
Year Built: 1894
Architect: Louis Mendelssohn
Designated Omaha Landmark: 6/19/1979
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Old Market Historic District: 3/23/1979
This commercial building, built by pioneer Omahan John Horbach, is located within the Old Market Historic District. Horbach came from Pittsburgh where he acquired a general knowledge of railway, steamboat and shipping operations. When he first arrived in Omaha Horbach established an outfitting house for wagon trains and western travelers. Through his business and real estate deals he became one of Omaha’s wealthiest citizens by the time he built this structure in 1894.