Year Built: 1905
Designated Omaha Landmark: 7/15/1997
An eclectic mix of styles, the Keirle House is an example of a Midwest "classic box" with details from several turn-of-the-century movements including Queen Anne and classical revival. The house is located in Florence and faces the town square laid out by the Mormons in 1846 as part of the Winter Quarters. The Keirle House was named for the only family that ever lived there. This sole occupancy ended in 1994 with the tragic murder of 94 year old Maude Keirle, the last member of the family. The Keirle House was completely restored in 1996 by the volunteer efforts of the Florence Historical Foundation. It still retains its original woodwork, fixtures and many furnishings.
Plans on microfilm