Year Built: 1903
Architect: J.P. Guth
Style: Commercial Classic Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 4/10/2001
The Medlar Building was designed by prolific Omaha architect Joseph Guth in the Commercial Classic Revival style. Once quite common, the building is now one of a very few of its type remaining in downtown. Guth designed many small to large commercial, office and warehouse structures in Omaha. He was also the source of many homes for the upper-middle class and well to do in the Cathedral, Gold Coast and Miller Park neighborhoods as well as parts of south and north Omaha. The building is named for Irvin A. Medlar, owner of a printing and publishing company that was established in 1892 and occupied the building from 1906 to 1966. The building was renovated in 1985 for use as offices and apartments.