Year Built: 1905
Architect: Thomas Kimball
Designated Omaha Landmark: 10/17/1978
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 5/16/1985
Mrs. Catherine B. Nash chose the notable Omaha architect Thomas Kimball to build this warehouse for her to be used by the M. E. Smith Company, the largest and most important dry goods firm in Omaha at the turn of the century. Kimball incorporated all the latest fire safety measures in the Nash Building, including brick enclosed stairs and elevators, fire doors, standpipes and an automatic sprinkler system -- the first factory-warehouse in Omaha equipped in this way. Renovated to apartments in 1989, the building was occupied for many years by the McKesson-Robbins Drug Company, and is still often referred to by that name.