Address: 707 South 11th Street
Year Built: 1906
Architect: John Latenser
Designated Omaha Landmark: 9/20/1994
Listed in the National Register as part of the Omaha Rail and Commerce Historic District: 7/19/1996
The Parlin Orendorff and Martin Plow Company Warehouse is significant for its association with wholesale jobbing in Omaha. The jobbing trade was a new type of commerce during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The wholesale jobber would purchase goods directly from the manufacturer and sell the goods to small businesses through traveling salesmen. These businesses used the railroad lines that traversed the warehouse area. Parlin, Orendorff and Martin was a distributor of agricultural implements. Omaha architect John Latenser designed this warehouse for the company in 1906. The shape of the building in plan is derived from the alignment of the railroad line that formerly angled along the south side of the structure. All four sides of the red-brown brick building are embellished with Renaissance revival detail.