Year Built: 1948
Architect: John Latenser & Sons
Style: Art Moderne
Designated Omaha Landmark: 4/2/2006
In 1948, A.B. Pittman commissioned John Latenser & Sons to design a building for his veterinarian practice along the Dodge Street commercial corridor. John Latenser and Sons designed the one-story brick building in the Art Moderne Style with clean sweeping lines and an emphasis upon the horizontal. Curved glass block walls and integrated planters grace the ends of the front façade while a sign above the front door spells out the business’s name in neon letters. Dr. A.B. Pittman, Omaha’s first African American veterinarian and a respected civic leader, operated a successful practice out of the building until his death in 1990. A veterinarian practice continues to operate out of the building today.
Plans on microfilm