Year Built: 1910
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 1/13/1998
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 3/5/1998
Originally named Franklin School, this building received its present name in 1928 when two local boys named Robbins rushed into their burning house to save their invalid mother. One of the young boys died in his heroic attempt. The second survived only to be killed later in the same year in an unrelated sledding accident. With its pedimented central portico, pilasters, Palladian window and detailed cornice, Robbins School is one of the best Neo-Classical Revival style buildings left in the city. Renovated for apartments in the late 1990’s, Robbins served as a public school until May, 1994.