Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission

Address: 2318 North 26th Street

Designated Omaha Landmark: 6/9/1992

Robinson Memorial Church of God in Christ is named in honor of Mr. Edward D. and Mrs. Lizzie Robinson. Mrs. Robinson is significant historically for her role as organizer of the women’s ministry for the Church of God in Christ, the largest African American Pentecostal denomination in the world. Mr. Edward D. and Mrs. Lizzie Robinson founded the first Church of God in Christ in the state of Nebraska in 1916 in Omaha and first located at this site in 1920.

Local Nomination case file

Photo Gallery

Plans on microfilm

View Larger Map

rob ch 117