Year Built: 1902
Architect: George Fisher & Henry Lawrie
Style: Early Gothic Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 4/17/1979
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 3/24/1983
Completed in 1902 on land donated by the developer Herman Kountze, the tall spire and rock-faced walls of Sacred Heart Church are visual landmarks in the surrounding Kountze Place neighborhood. Architects for the structure were George Fisher and Harry Lawrie, who were both Kountze Place residents. Sacred Heart Church is a fine example of the Late Gothic revival style in Omaha, taking inspiration from 14th century English Gothic churches The walls of the church are lava stone from Colorado with Bedford limestone trim. The interior of the church exhibits hand-painted scenes and stencil-work.