Year Built: 1899
Style: Late Gothic Revival
Designated Omaha Landmark: 3/16/1982
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 10/21/1982
St. Martin of Tours is a fine example of the Late Gothic Revival style of architecture prevalent in the late 19th century. It was founded, along with most Episcopalian churches in Omaha, by the Very Reverend Frank Millspaugh, dean of Trinity Cathedral in 1876, and his successor George Worthington. St. Martin of Tour represents the Ecclesiologocal movement within the Episcopal Church which stressed the purity of worship through a return to the historically Christian architecture of the Middle Ages.