Year Built: 1882-1934
Architects: Various, including McDonald, Latenser, Henninger and Prinz
Styles: Colonial, Neo-Classical and Vernacular Revivals
Designated Omaha Landmark: 1/20/1981
Portion of local district listed in National Register as part of Gold Coast Historic District: 3/14/1997
The West-Central Cathedral area developed around the Academy of the Sacred Heart opened in 1882, and St. Cecilia’s Cathedral. This primarily residential district, the heart of which lies along both sides of North 38th Street, is the northern portion of what is known as the Gold Coast. The majority of the buildings in the area are large houses that were built for the city’s business and professional leaders, but other building types including apartments can be found also. Many structures were designed by Omaha's leading architects including John Latenser and John and Alan McDonald.
Plans on microfilm