Year Built: 1880-1883
Architect: Alfred R. Dufrene
Style: Late Gothic Revival
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 08/07/1974
English architect Henry G. Harrison designed Trinity Cathedral, completed in 1883, in the Late Gothic Revival style. Visible elements of the style, which looked to medieval forms for inspiration, include rough stone masonry walls, pointed arch window and door openings, a multitude of stained glass windows, and an asymmetrical floor plan. Intricate wood and brass carvings on the interior also reflect the Gothic style. The parish itself originated in 1856 as the first Episcopalian community in Nebraska and later became the Episcopalian Cathedral for the state diocese. Since founding, the parish has been actively involved in the religious, social, and educational growth of the surrounding community.