Year Built: 1913-1930
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 10/19/1987
A three-mile stretch of road between Omaha and Elkhorn is one of the best preserved sections of the Lincoln Highway, an early road network built in 1913 that preceded the present day national road system. Brick pavers were added to the previously unpaved road segment in 1920, making it more accessible for motorists. However, this section became less trafficked in 1930 when an alternate highway route was built that bypassed Omaha. Active efforts begun in the 1970s to preserve the segment ensures the integrity and rural character of this three-mile piece of the Lincoln Highway remains intact.