Year Built: 1919
Architect: George Fisher
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 7/23/1998
In 1919, Omaha entrepreneur Anton Hospe commissioned local commercial architect George Fisher to design a warehouse for his growing music supply company in what was then a thriving downtown commercial district for wholesale jobbing. The result was a long, narrow six-story structure clad in brick with concrete accents. The interior contained large open spaces appropriate for storing a substantial amount of goods in an efficient manner. Hospe Music vacated the structure in 1936 and other businesses continued to use the building as warehouse space. In recent years, Hospe Music Warehouse and the nearby Kirschbraun & Sons Creamery Warehouse were linked by a central addition and transformed into a hotel.