Year Built: 1856
Style: No Style
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 12/31/1998
One of Nebraska’s longest running businesses operated out of the Weber Mill, located in the Florence neighborhood. Mormons built the first mill in this location during their brief occupation of the area in the late 1840s. The Weber Mill, named for the family that operated the business for nearly a century, was rebuilt in the 1850s using the original framework. During the mill’s century of active operation, its owners adapted the building to accommodate for shifts in technology and the construction of nearby infrastructure. Although the mill is no longer used for its original purpose, much of the historic fabric remains intact. The building now contains a museum and art gallery.