Year Built: 1919
Architect: John Latenser, Sr.
Builder: J.L. Carnecie & Sons
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 2/26/1999
This building was constructed in 1919 for the Simons Brothers Company, a wholesale grocery enterprise. It was a period of economic prosperity in Omaha when many warehouses were built in the downtown area for the storage and sale of wholesale goods. Architect John Latenser, Sr. designed the brick and stone warehouse with simple massing and little ornamentation. During the Simons Brothers Company tenure, the building served as a warehouse and storage facility for a variety of commercial tenants. Ownership later passed through a number of hands, including the Ford Brothers Van and Storage Company and the Ray A. Ford Real Estate Company. Known today as the Ford Lofts, condominiums have replaced the building’s storage spaces.