Year Built: 1928
Style: Commercial Style
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 11/15/2007
During the heyday of the “Motor Age,” the Peerless Motor Company constructed a branch sales and service office for its luxury car line just south of Omaha’s Automobile Row, then located on Farnam Street. The two-story brick building contained a sales office at the front with a larger area behind given over to service activities. Large display windows facing the street allowed potential customers a direct view of the showroom within. Constructed just a year before the stock market crash of 1929, the Peerless Motor Company branch was one of many Omaha dealerships and service stations unable to withstand the economic hardships that coincided with the Depression. Later uses for the building included a used car dealership and a window covering manufacturer.