Year Built: 1886
Builder: Original Unknown; A.C. Busk, Builder for 1921 Addition
Style: No Style
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 6/23/2008
In 1886, the M.A. Disbrow Company, a millwork operation based out of Iowa, chose to locate its Omaha branch in a manufacturing district north of downtown that was easily accessible to the railroad and the Missouri River. Extant buildings from the company’s 96-year tenure at this site include two three-story brick structures, a frame building used as a mule barn, and a corrugated steel Behlen building. M.A. Disbrow & Company thrived as a producer of quality millwork for discerning homebuyers until 1982. Although the company vacated the property shortly thereafter, the Omaha complex remains a tangible reminder of Disbrow’s once prominent millwork operation. In 2009, the former manufacturing area within which the M.A. Disbrow & Company complex is situated was recognized for contributions to the industrial and manufacturing history of the city with a listing in the National Register as a historic district.