Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission

If you have any questions or comments about the images in the following galleries or would like to obtain larger print quality images, please contact us. We hope you enjoy browsing through the following images.

AA_1980_Jobbers Canyon (310 images)

A_1980_Landmarks Inc (2,195 images)

B_1981_Downtown Omaha (518 images)

Apartment Survey 1 (157 images)

Apartments and Schools (84 images)

D_1987_Blackstone (284 images)

E_1988_South Omaha (1,328 images)

F_1989_Jefferson Square (233 images)

I_1990_Parks and Boulevards (704 images)

K_1990_Rural Survey and Near South (221 images)

L_1990_Ponca (16 images)

M_1991_Happy Hollow (631 images)

N_1991_Near South (667 images)

O_1991_Millard Rockbrook (459 images)

P_1995_Danish German Polish Survey (117 images)

Q_1996_City Owned Rail District Gold Coast (220 images)

Multiple Dwelling Survey (650 images)

 

 

 

 

LL 010 St Frances Cabrini Church

Address: 1335 S. 10th Street

Year Built: 1908 1910

Architect: Thomas R. Kimball

Builder: Unknown

Style: Spanish Colonial Revival

Designated Omaha Landmark: 03/5/02

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 03/28/02 (As St. Philomena's Cathedral and Rectory)

 

Local Landmark Designation Report

 

National Register Nomination

All content © 2016 by Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission

LL 068 Old Market and Wholesale LHD map

Address: Between Harney to Howard from 10th to 13th Streets and Between Howard to Jackson from 10th to 12th Streets

Year Built: 1880-1915

Architects: Various, including Fisher & Lawrie, Charles Cleves, and Isaac Hodgson & Son

Builder: Various, including R.B. Carter

Style: Commercial

Designated Omaha Landmark: 1/22/1985

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 3/23/1979  (As the Old Market Historic District - Boundaries Differ Slightly)

The Old Market Historic District is significant to the commercial development of Omaha as the wholesale jobbing area which mushroomed in the 1880’s and continued well into the 20th century, serving as the distribution center for a variety of goods shipped on the Union Pacific Railroad and its branch lines all the way to the west coast. The district is comprised of former light industrial and warehouse buildings and wholesale jobbing houses. Today the Old Market is a popular entertainment and residential district, housing restaurants, shops and loft apartments.

Local Landmark Designation Report

National Register Nomination

LL 051 Dietz Memorial United Methodist Church sm

Address: 1423 South 10th Street

Year Built: 1888-89

Architect: John H.W. Hawkins

Builder: Unknown

Style: Romanesque and Gothic Revival

Designated Omaha Landmark: 9/28/1982

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 11/23/1980 (As Saint Matthias' Episcopal Church)

Designed by architect J. H. W. Hawkins, a native of New York, Dietz Memorial United Methodist Church is historically known as Saint Matthias’ Episcopal Church. Saint Matthias’ is architecturally significant as a record of a brief period in American Episcopal Church building history during which Romanesque Revival elements won acceptance. The structure is also important as a rare Midwestern example of a church design influenced by H. H. Richardson’s renowned 1872-77 Trinity Church in Boston.

 

Local Landmark Designation Report

 

National Register Nomination

38 J C Robinson House sm

Address: 102 E. Lincoln Avenue, Waterloo

Year Built: c. 1900

Architect: A. H. Dyer

Builder: Unknown

Style: Neo-Classical Revival

Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 11/28/1980

National Register Nomination Document

Click HERE to Visit the NEW Omaha Historic Properties GIS Map Story

GIS map